BringCom is hiring a Network Engineer!
We have a position open for a Network Engineer at our HQ in Sterling,VA. Please review the job description below and send your CV/resume to email@example.com
BringCom Network Engineer job description:
BringCom, is an international telecommunications company based in Sterling, Virginia with operations in Europe and Africa. The company is looking for a skilled telecommunications network engineer to join its team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for provisioning and troubleshooting network services in the US, Europe and Africa (on-net and off-net).
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages
- Configure routing and switching equipment
- Provide remote support to on-site engineers and customers during installations in Africa
- Liaise with project management teams, engineers and service desk engineers on a regular basis
- Plan and coordinate network installations for company’s operations in Africa
- Review open issues and action items using BringCom trouble ticket platform
- Responsible for training and guiding entry-level technicians both within the company and outside via 3rd parties
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues. This includes troubleshooting 3rd party suppliers
Skills and Specifications
- BGP, OSPF and MPLS experience
- Strong understanding of SONET/SDH and telecommunications network infrastructure (satellite and microwave included)
- Must have a ‘can-do’ attitude and be very mission oriented
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
Education and Qualifications
This position requires a four year college degrees in electrical, electronic or telecommunications engineering. Prior experience (2-4 years) in the international telecommunications industry is preferred. Must be CCNP certified.
Do You Share Our Values?
- Innovation and Technical Expertise
- Multicultural Teamwork
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
These are the qualities that help BringCom deliver innovative solutions to our customers in some of the most difficult environments in the world. If you feel your experience and credentials would be a good fit for BringCom, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.